AmpCraft 1992 – High Gain Legend
From the creator of Thermionik and Recabinet - a new generation of amp modeling is here.
AmpCraft - 1992 represents the first in a new line of amp modeling plugins. Focused on being the world's most accurate emulation of a legendary high gain tube amplifier used on countless albums and tours, this plugin also includes 4 overdrive pedal emulations, a noise gate, as well as a dual-channel IR loader with EQ and speaker dynamics emulation, with a selection of critically acclaimed Recabinet impulse responses.
- Highly accurate, touch sensitive emulation of the famous American "block letter" high gain tube amplifier, known for its crushing lead channel.
- Higher-headroom clean/crunch channel than the hardware - enjoy sparkling true clean and mid-gain tones with no fuss, for versatile use across many musical genres outside of hard rock and metal.
- 4 overdrive pedals:
- 808 - Based on the latest, limited boutique Japanese "808" pedal with handpicked vintage ICs, this is a smooth overdrive that sculpts attack beautifully all the way from blues to metal.
- 66 - Based on the modern boutique EQ/boost pedal made famous by one of the most influential Swedish metal bands.
- Stockholm - Based on the legendary Japanese-built pedal known for its buzzsaw distortion that became a staple in the early Swedish deathmetal scene.
- Djrive - Based on the modern boutique overdrive pedal that has become an industry standard tool of the modern prog metal scene, this model has selectable voicings that make it useful in a variety of tunings for precise adjustment of picking attack response.
- Noise gate - the G8 pedal model is based on a popular single-knob noise gate pedal that has been fine tuned for the needs of the modern metal player.
- 2 channel Cabinet IR loader with the following features:
- 4 included Cabinet IR packs from the Recabinet - Remastered collection, with 8 mic models on each cabinet.
1960 4x12 - Based on the legendary modern British 4x12
Green 4x12 - Based on the legendary vintage 70s British 4x12
Oversize 4x12 - Based on an American oversized Baltic Birch 4x12 cabinet
- Tangerine 4x12 - Based on a modern British cabinet known for a classic-style voicing and colorful design.
- Variable blending - psychoacoustically level matched in the center position.
- 4 band EQ
- Speaker dynamics control
- Stereo Panning (when used in a stereo instance)
- Adjustable short delay (useful when mixing IRs from different makers, to account for phase discrepancies.)
- Solo and phase reverse toggles
- Oversampling - up to 32x
- Standalone version - NEW in version 1.0.1, use the AmpCraft - 1992 app on Mac or Windows to jam out without a DAW!
Free Demo Download Available
To download the free demo, select "Free Demo" from the "Version" menu above, then click Add to Cart and proceed to check out (it won't ask for payment information, don't worry!)
Demo limitations: Kazrog plugin demos are time-unlimited, but have silent output every so often. Also, preset save is disabled. Purchasing the plugin removes these restrictions.
- macOS 10.9.5 or higher required
- VST 2/3, AU, AAX (64 bit) compatible host required
- Pro Tools 11 or higher required for AAX version
- Intel i7 "Haswell" CPU or newer, or Apple M1 strongly recommended
Apple Silicon status: All current Kazrog plugins are Universal 2 and fully support Apple Silicon / M1 for VST2, VST3, and AU formats, while maintaining full backward compatibility with Intel Macs.
AAX format is working very well in Pro Tools under Rosetta 2. Full Universal 2 support for AAX format will be offered as soon as Avid allows us to support it.Windows
- Windows 7 or higher required
- VST 2/3 or AAX (64 bit) compatible host required
- Pro Tools 11 or higher required for AAX version
- Intel i7 "Haswell" CPU or newer, or AMD Ryzen strongly recommended
They did an awesome job on this amp sim and by far surpasses all of my other 5150 amp sims. I love that they left so much headroom on the clean channel as it actually fixes the 5150's biggest weakness. Very well done!
This is such a good plug in that I actually want to buy the amp now. The 808 pedal in the software….Which pedal is this based of? A traditional tube-screamer I take it? The only thing I wish you included was more presets as I can’t be bothered to dial everything in as it’s tile consuming plus I don’t know what I am doing.
Solid amp sim with my favorite cabs (Marshall, Mesa, Orange) built right in, and no ILOK! Kazrog, please take my money. Looking forward to future Ampcraft releases. (.......................Mesa..........maybe?)
Although the 5150 is not my favorite amp, this plugin is the most faithful sim I have used. It reacts to your playing like a real amp. I've used it on one clean guitar track and it livened the overall mix and added realism in the guitar section.
This is a very goog amp with a warm crunchy sound and a nice dynamic response. But it's sadly cpu intensive. I hope that it will be solved soon