AmpCraft 1992 – High Gain Legend
From the creator of Thermionik and Recabinet - a new generation of amp modeling software is here.
AmpCraft - 1992 represents the first in a new line of amp modeling plugins. Focused on being the world's most accurate emulation of a legendary high gain tube amplifier used on countless albums and tours, this plugin also includes 4 overdrive pedal emulations, a noise gate, as well as a dual-channel IR loader with EQ and speaker dynamics emulation, with a selection of critically acclaimed Recabinet impulse responses.
- Highly accurate, touch sensitive emulation of the famous American "block letter" high gain tube amplifier, known for its crushing lead channel.
- Higher-headroom clean/crunch channel than the hardware - enjoy sparkling true clean and mid-gain tones with no fuss, for versatile use across many musical genres outside of hard rock and metal.
- 4 overdrive pedals:
- 808 - Based on the latest, limited boutique Japanese "808" pedal with handpicked vintage ICs, this is a smooth overdrive that sculpts attack beautifully all the way from blues to metal.
- 66 - Based on the modern boutique EQ/boost pedal made famous by one of the most influential Swedish metal bands.
- Stockholm - Based on the legendary Japanese-built pedal known for its buzzsaw distortion that became a staple in the early Swedish deathmetal scene.
- Djrive - Based on the modern boutique overdrive pedal that has become an industry standard tool of the modern prog metal scene, this model has selectable voicings that make it useful in a variety of tunings for precise adjustment of picking attack response.
- Noise gate - the G8 pedal model is based on a popular single-knob noise gate pedal that has been fine tuned for the needs of the modern metal player.
- 2 channel Cabinet IR loader with the following features:
- 4 included Cabinet IR packs from the Recabinet - Remastered collection, with 8 mic models on each cabinet.
1960 4x12 - Based on the legendary modern British 4x12
Green 4x12 - Based on the legendary vintage 70s British 4x12
Oversize 4x12 - Based on an American oversized Baltic Birch 4x12 cabinet
- Tangerine 4x12 - Based on a modern British cabinet known for a classic-style voicing and colorful design.
- Variable blending - psychoacoustically level matched in the center position.
- 4 band EQ
- Speaker dynamics control
- Stereo Panning (when used in a stereo instance)
- Adjustable short delay (useful when mixing IRs from different makers, to account for phase discrepancies.)
- Solo and phase reverse toggles
- Oversampling - up to 32x
- Standalone version - NEW in version 1.0.1, use the AmpCraft - 1992 app on Mac or Windows to jam out without a DAW!
Free Demo Download Available
To download the free demo, select "Free Demo" from the "Version" menu above, then click Add to Cart and proceed to check out (it won't ask for payment information, don't worry!)
Demo limitations: Kazrog plugin demos are time-unlimited, but have silent output every so often. Also, preset save is disabled. Purchasing the plugin removes these restrictions.
- macOS 10.13.x or higher required
- VST, AU, AAX (64 bit) compatible host required
- Pro Tools 12 or higher required for AAX version
- Apple M1 (or Intel i5 "Ivy Bridge") CPU or newer strongly recommended
- All Kazrog plugins are Universal Binary 2 (native support for both Apple Silicon and Intel architecture.)
- Windows 10 or higher strongly recommended
- VST or AAX (64 bit) compatible host required
- Pro Tools 12 or higher required for AAX version
- Intel i5 "Ivy Bridge" CPU or better strongly recommended
Best plugin ever !
I did try the plug-in two times since it’s released and unfortunately, it’s still way too heavy CPU processing on my old MacPro 5.1 and MacBook Pro 13” mid 2012. I shall try again eventually if I invest in a newer Mac. Thank you.
Having owned the real thingy made back in 1992 for a long time, and having a lot of experience with all the possible settings, cabs, mics (even the master volumes at 10 with the help of a power attenuator, famous IR's via line out while using it as a load box too) including many boosters, graphic EQ's (both in the loop and up front) and even an old original Swedish Chainsaw pedal *wink* made back in 1983, I am MADLY in love with this emulation. I've owned, and worked in-depth with almost every single plugin/profile/capture/emulation of the amp made to date, and this is the one that still makes me go crazy all over. The new update that added the varying behavior of the power amp saturation made it even better.
Contrary to how most guitarists and engineers use this one by boosting the red/lead channel, I always went to boost the green/crunch channel with the bright engaged and had some problems with obtaining the exact same gain structure & pick attack shape with most of the previously made emulations and profile captures. I knew that I would be hooked on AmpCraft 1992 for life when I tried this particular setting that I loved back when I had the real head. The Stockholm pedal should be akin to the discontinued (yet still amazing IMHO) one in the Thermionik suite, and I wholeheartedly assure you that it's one of my two favorite emulations of the legendary pedal currently available on the market. It would be a wet dream come true to be able to run this suite on a DSP pedal and perform gigs with it.
Right after I got it I liked it and was looking forward to using it often. I really dig this plugin but it keeps crashing my session! So maybe I'll be able to get it resolved because I want to use it a lot and now I'm second guessing if I take it out l, will the session crash!
Would love to see it adjust to 192,000 samples its where i keep my sample rates in tb4 interface for amps. Its very nice colorazation to it otherwise.