Kazrog LLC is excited to announce the release of KClip 2 – the ultimate loudness plugin and track saturator. Learn more – click here.
Recabinet – Version 5.0.4 – May 26, 2016
This is a bug fix update, and is recommended for all users. Download Recabinet 5.0.4 – click here.
- Recabinet now properly stores and recalls IR paths in Pro Tools upon startup.
- Recabinet now smoothly crossfades between preset changes, as it has in the past. This was accidentally omitted in 5.0.3 when the codebase was rebuilt.
- Windows installers are properly code signed (this has also been retroactively applied to live Recabinet and Thermionik 5.0.3 installers on the server.)
- Custom user default IR path settings from 5.0.3 will need to be reset again. This won’t be an issue after this update.
- As has been detailed in this forum thread, Sonar users will continue to experience issues with larger projects. A solution is in the works.
Version 5.0.2 r2 of Thermionik has been posted in the members’ area for registered users. This update addresses complaints about the gain ranging of the front panel Gain control on all models, further refining control for a wide variety of input levels and styles of playing.
- Smoothed gain ranging across all models and sanity checked all factory presets for more predictable results on a wide variety of audio interfaces, guitar pickups, etc
Other than this change, Thermionik 5.0.2 r2 is identical to version 5.0.2. Please see the version notes in the manual, or in the previous posting.
- Comprehensive stability improvements in all hosts, resolving all known crash conditions from previous Thermionik versions in hosts including (but not limited to) Sonar, Logic, Ableton Live, Pro Tools, and Reaper.
- Increased upward gain range so even more brutal distortion tones are possible, without sacrificing the headroom and control that was added in the last update.
- Automation of parameters the change the amp’s state (such as channel and toggle changes) does not work properly at this time, in that the audio stream does not refresh to the amp’s current state (despite the plugin’s UI reflecting the changes.) This will be addressed as soon as possible.
Version 5.0.1 of Thermionik has been posted in the members’ area for registered users. This is a recommended critical bug fix update, and contains many improvements over the initial release from last week. A free demo version will be released soon, with a separate announcement when it goes live.
Thermionik 5.0.1 release notes:
- Crashes that have plagued many hosts in a variety of conditions have been eliminated completely.
- Gain ranging/calibration of the entire set of 25 current amp models has been improved massively, with increased versatility (can go clean even on a lead channel, the entire range of gain knob is more meaningful/usable), control (10x the number of control points), and full backward compatibility with existing presets.
- Mid gain sounds on various vintage amp models are smoother due to recalibrated vintage tube algorithms.
- Factory presets have been re-leveled to prevent clipping.
- Impedance curves in the power sections of Psycho A, Psycho B, Damage 120, and Duality 3ch have been revised.
- Fixed a bug where a loaded preset may not be recalled when re-opening a session in some DAWs.